how to configure WEP with shared password

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Sep 26 12:05:06 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 04:50:48PM +0000, Li Jin wrote:
> I tried the following configuration without HT capability specified. However the AP still shows up as OPEN. Anything else I might missed?
>
> interface=wlan0
> ctrl_interface=/opt/wifi/hostapd
> ssid=Android
> channel=6
> auth_algs=2
> wep_default_key=0
> wep_key0=123456789a
> wep_key1="vwxyz"
> wep_key2=0102030405060708090a0b0c0d
> wep_key3=".2.4.6.8.0.23"
> bridge=br0

Are you sure the driver you are using supports Shared Key
authentication? This configuration works fine in my tests with the AP
coming up with Privacy=1 in Beacon/Probe Response frames and Shared Key
authentication with matching WEP key needed to complete authentication
exchange.