[wpa_supplicant]does_not_build_without_md4

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Sep 23 01:15:14 PDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 02:43:51PM +0200, Torsten wrote:
> I compiled OpenSSL (1.0.1e) without some algorithms (RC2, MD2 and MD4) after that I
> had to re-compile wpa_supplicant (2.0) which results in the following error:

>   unfinished jobs.... ../src/crypto/crypto_openssl.o: In function `md4_vector':
> crypto_openssl.c:(.text+0x16a): undefined reference to `EVP_md4'

Number of EAP methods require support for MD4. There is not currently
any option for disabling this. It should be doable to add a new
pre-processor macro for including md4_vector() based on NEED_MD4 so that
a build without MD4 could be achieved at the cost of having to disable
the EAP methods that require this hash function.