Diameter

Patrick Herrmann patrick.herrmann
Tue Oct 22 05:57:34 PDT 2013

Of cause you're right. wpa_supplicant there is no need to modify wpa_supplicant (EAPoL, EAP, etc. are already supported). My bad.

Nevertheless, we may switch to Diameter because of the "better" accounting features. In the current state of my research I don't know wether using a gateway translating between RADIUS and Diameter is enough.

If there had been some prior work on Diameter support in hostapd, that would have been very helpful. But implementing it from scratch seems too time-consuming.

Thanks,
Patrick

PS: @Alan Thank your for your hard work on freeRADIUS!