Diameter

Alan DeKok aland
Tue Oct 22 05:41:48 PDT 2013

Patrick Herrmann wrote:
> Is there any plan to support the Diameter protocol in hostapd and/or wpa_supplicant? Currently, the only solution, I know of,  is to use a proxy which translates RADIUS message to Diameter and vice versa  (i.e. freeDiameter with DiamEAP application).

  I'm not involved in hostapd, but I think patches would be welcome.

  The issue with Diameter isn't the protocol.  The protocol is fairly
simple.  The issue is the requirements on the Diameter state machine.
And the additional standards requiring all kinds of crazy things around
Diameter.  (3GPP, I'm looking at you).

  Alan DeKok.