AP mode simultaneous dualband with one USB dongle

Ben Greear greearb
Thu Nov 21 17:59:33 PST 2013

On 11/21/2013 03:47 PM, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
> Hi Arend,
>
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Arend van Spriel <arend at broadcom.com> wrote:
>> In my Conexant days early 2000 a marketing guy came up with the concept of a
>> time-slicing AP. Since that time everytime a similar idea pops up I get
>> allergic reactions. It's a pandora's box unless as others mentions you have
>> two independent radio chains/basebands.
>
> Does this Pandora's box has some reference/doc/example that I can
> google and see where the limitation exactly come from and on which
> layer?

A (normal?) radio can only listen to one channel at a time, so even if you manage to quickly change from one
band to another when transmitting, anything else trying to talk to you on other than the current
operating channel cannot actually communicate.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>