Hostapd and wpa_supplicant frequency range

Sotaro Watanabe sotarowatanabe
Mon May 20 07:21:49 PDT 2013

Good afternoon, I'm Watanabe,Sotaro,

Currently am I working with some experimental wifi cards, which support
6GHz bands. In that sense, I would like to know whether or not hostapd and
wpa supplicant might work in that range.

Looking into the code, I have found some files where such a frequency range
are defined, but I don't know if those files are all of the them or just a
few of a whole set, might be possible to know what are all the files which
contain the frequency working range of hostapd and wpa supplicant?

On the other hand, I would wish to know whether I might extend these ranges
will lead to a proper work of hostapd and wpa supplicant.

Thank you so much,

Watanabe.