[RFC] nl80211: allow Android P2P functionality

YanBo dreamfly281
Fri May 10 12:20:53 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Johannes Berg
<johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:

>> Thanks for reply, Johannes, we are testing are under development
>> driver https://github.com/KrasnikovEugene/wcn36xx
>> So, that means we need register a P2P0 device (even it is Null
>> function and do nothing) via the new MAC80211 P2P API?
>
> No, it means that you need to handle NL80211_IFTYPE_P2P_DEVICE in your
> add_interface properly, etc. You may need to support offloaded
> remain-on-channel depending on your hw design.
>
> johannes

OK, let me try it firstly and send feedback when it works, BTW, the iw
I used is version 3.7-vht. Do the userspace nl80211 lib or iw tools
need be upgrade to enable the P2P function? Thanks.

BR /Yanbo