Can someone explain this log line please?

Ben Greear greearb
Mon Mar 25 11:08:19 PDT 2013

On 03/25/2013 08:28 AM, McCann, Brian wrote:
> This may sound stupid, but can someone explain exactly what this means?
>
> hostapd: wlan0-1: STA 30:f7:c5:43:7d:7c IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to local deauth request
>
> I'm having a problem with clients getting randomly disconnected, so I'm looking through my logs line by line and trying to understand what everything means.  These lines do not occur on APs that do not have issues, so I'm thinking this is linked somehow.  For the inquisitive, I'm using hostapd 2.1-devel on OpenWRT.

I think this means the hostapd thinks it was asked to deauth the station
for some reason.

Perhaps due to inactivity or something like that?

Maybe increase verbosity of the logs and see if there is any
reason given?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>