No subject

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Sun Jun 2 21:10:54 PDT 2013

you need an open or OSEN ap for the initial OSU traffic.

a) So, for a simplistic setup, perhaps you use one virtual AP interface
as the OSEN, and then have a second that is running 802.1x.

Or, is there some way to make one hostapd instance able to do both?

(I tried just adding osen=1, but now the thing shows up as WEP encrypted,
 in the scan results of wpa_cli, which I am not sure is right...)

Assuming a) is right, then maybe the connection logic is to look for any
Open or OSEN APs advertising HS20, connect to them if we can find them, fetch list of icons
using 'wpa_cli ... fetch_osu', present these to the user, and let them make the selection.

After that, this is where the OSU client is used to somehow get credentials,
and then we connect to the .1x ap and are finally fully connected to the network?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>