Disconnect P2P client from P2P Group

Nishant Sharma nishantshrm009
Tue Jul 2 23:23:25 PDT 2013

Hello Jouni,

As per my understanding if all the connected P2P clients have same key. We
can disconnect one of the clients in two ways :

1. We can initiate the disconnection from client side.
2. We can initiate the disconnection from GO side.

As you said all the clients have same key. So if we disconnect the client
in any of the above mentioned two ways, does it make any difference?
Even if we disconnect the client by initiating the disconnection from
client side, this disconnected client can again connect to the  previously
connected Group because it knows the key.

My next question is , if all the clients have same PSK key, so whenever a
packet is transferred from AP to one of the client, how this packet is
secured from other clients , as all the clients have same PSK key and so
they can also decrypt this packet?

Thank you,
Nishant Sharma

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 12:50:50PM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> >                As per my understanding currently, same PSK is being
> shared
> > for all the clients of the same GO. Your suggestion is to have one PSK
> per
> > client. But my requirement is  to disconnect a particular client form GO.
> > Can I achieve this from following steps:
> > 1. Adding a new command for client disconnect in interface.
> > 2. this disconnect command will send a disassociation frame to that
> client.
> > 3. Remove client from peer list and clean up all the client resources
> from
> > supplicant of GO.
>
> That will not prevent the disconnected peer from connecting again since
> it knows the PSK. Per-device PSK needs to be used to allow this
> operation to be done securely.
>
> --

Thanks and Regards
Nishant Sharma