[RFC 03/10] nl80211 driver: hold wdev identification for P2P device

Spinadel, David david.spinadel
Thu Feb 14 00:30:49 PST 2013

> > +	if (wdev_id == -1) {
> > +		err = nla_put_u32(msg, NL80211_ATTR_IFINDEX, drv-
> >ifindex) < 0;
> > +		if (err)
> > +			goto nla_put_failure;
> > +	} else {
> > +		NLA_PUT_U64(msg, NL80211_ATTR_WDEV, wdev_id);
> > +	}
>
> Seems like you could use nl80211_set_iface_id() here as well. Maybe I am
> overlooking something.

I cannot use it here since we have no i802_bss here. This wdev_id is coming from wpa_driver_nl8021_scan(). Common scan is done here on the driver, not on the interface. Maybe it worth to fix?
David

A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies