Radius with Captive Portal

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 9 02:30:04 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 11:30:33AM -0200, Ronaldo Afonso wrote:
>   I'd like to know if there is any "hostapd" configuration I can use along
> with a captive portal.
>
>   The think is, I need hostapd radius accounting messages being sent only
> after the user has already authenticated to a captive portal and not after
> being associated to the router WiFi interface.

There is no such functionality in hostapd currently since the captive
portal design is completely independent of hostapd. Wouldn't it be
easier to implement this at the server side, though? I.e., combine
information from the captive portal implementation and RADIUS Accounting
and only process the accounting record if there is a matching captive
portal authentication.