Search an existing P2P Group

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Feb 3 02:54:50 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 01:17:19PM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> I am trying to find an existing P2P Group using the command
> *p2p_find type=progressive* on a P2P device. But I could not find any
> existing P2P Group although P2P Group exists.
>
> However when I am using *scan *followed by *scan_results *I could see a P2P
> Group in the scan results.

On which channel did you have this P2P group that p2p_find
type=progressive did not find? How long did you keep that
type=progressive case running?

> I want to know what is the difference between *p2p_find *and *p2p_find
> type=progressive . *In my case both the commands are giving same results.
> As per specification *p2p_find type=progressive  *should give existing
> group in the results.

p2p_find runs a full scan first followed by the more limited (social
channels only) discovery phase. p2p_find type=progressive skips the full
scan in the beginning to speed up discovery on social channels, but
unlike type=social, it goes through non-social channels one at a time.
This will take longer time to complete scan of all channels, but it will
find new groups that are started on non-social channels during the
p2p_find operation unlike p2p_find without any parameters.