wpa_cli is not passing DISCONNECTED event to the wpa_action script

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Aug 31 07:31:26 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 11:55:01AM -0700, Samitha Wijedasa wrote:
> can see that the wpa_cli which is running in the daemon mode
> correctly detecting the CONNECTED event from wpa_supplicant daemon
> and pass it to the action script, but I cannot see DISCONNECTED is
> passed to the wpa_action script even though the wpa_supplicant
> log has reported several DISCONNECTED events. According to the
> literature, these two events must be detected by the wpa_cli which is
> in daemon mode by default. My concern is why it does not detect
> DISCONNECTED event?

It does, but wpa_cli used to filter out extra disconnection events,
i.e., this would be delivered to the action script only if there was a
connection event before this during the lifetime of the wpa_cli process.
I changed this now to allow the initial disconnection event to be
indicated for the case where wpa_cli was started while wpa_supplicant
was in connected state.