Questions on 802.11u and HotSpot 2.0

Ben Greear greearb
Tue Aug 27 07:22:36 PDT 2013

First, thanks for the detailed HotSpot 2.0 readme.

I do have a few questions after reading this.

1)  Is it ever valid to enable hs20 and NOT enable the 802.11u interworking?
     I think the answer is no, but I haven't seen any explicit answer in the docs.

2)  How complete is the current 802.11u & HS20 implementation in wpa_supplicant and
     hostapd?  Any known limitations that still need some work?

3)  When I enabled 802.11u in hostapd, I see a brief mention that Interworking is enabled
     in the 'iw' scan results, but I do not see any details.  Is that a limitation in 'iw'
     or would I need to somehow get that info from supplicant instead?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>