sending a data (as notification) to the supplicant

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Sep 5 08:07:55 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 01:57:36PM +0300, CAGDAS KURT wrote:
> I need to send a data from hostapd to the wpa_supplicat  before EAP Request Identity packet sending process in PEAP.  It can be send in an EAP Notification but i read (here : http://www.mentby.com/Group/hostap/sending-eap-request-notification-message.html) it is not supported in your applications. Is there any way to send a data before Request Identity packet sending process in PEAP? Have you got any suggestion ?

That thread was regarding hostapd and the answer is still same. I have
not heard of a good use case to justify working on this. wpa_supplicant
should accept the notification frame and show it as a
CTRL-EVENT-EAP-NOTIFICATION event.

What would you do with EAP notification before EAP-Request/Identity?
Couldn't same be achieved by adding extra data into the identity request
message?