wpa_supplicant: iwl3945 + EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 (eduroam) == random disconnects

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco
Sat Sep 1 11:00:56 PDT 2012

>> Basically, I'm seeing a lot of deauthentications due to reason #10 which
>> is apparently "Disassociated because the information in the Power
>> Capability element is unacceptable" from 802.11-2007.  Which I don't
>> actually know much about.  Any comments here Jouni?
>
> Orthogonally -- or not -- I was finally able to trigger some weird
> dmesg output which may compromise the logic of userspace logs. Do you
> think whatever is causing this (
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/95588 ) is
> causing the random disconnects?

I haven't got any weird kernel panics and the disconnects keep
happening, so I'm assuming [my last email's issue] it's unrelated.
Disconnects still happen, on twenty three of them, eight are reason 2,
two reason 3, five reason 4, seven reason 10 and one reason 23.

One question, though: iwl3945 has no powersave capabilities (Intel was
unable to fix all the bugs associated with it and as such disabled
it). Does that mean the card always use full power? That could explain
the reason #10, no?

--
Pedro