Disconnect P2P client from P2P Group

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Oct 29 23:37:15 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:18:26AM +0530, Nishant Sharma wrote:
>   I am trying to disconnect a particular P2P Client  from a P2P Group. Say
> if A is GO and  B and C is Client in this Group. Now I want to
>   remove only Client B from this Group. Please let me know how can we do
> this.

P2P specification does not provide robust mechanism for doing this,
i.e., you may have to tear down the group and re-start it to generate a
new PSK. This would obviously be inconvenient since the other devices
would then need to join the group again.

If all the clients here are indeed P2P Clients, it should be possible to
use per-device PSK from WPS provisioning step and then revoke only the
PSK for the client that is being disconnected. While parts of this has
been implemented (WPS implementation can be configured to assign
per-device PSK), this is not fully enabled for P2P GO use at this point.