Attach to wpa_supplicant failed due to FD_ISSET returns -2

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jun 30 05:58:23 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 07:13:49PM +0900, Kyeongyeon Song wrote:
> When Android framework turns Wi-Fi on, it starts wpa_supplicant, and then
> makes monitor socket and connect to wpa_supplicant

Which Android version are you using? Which ctrl_interface parameter
option was used? I have not seen this issue in a way to would result in
noticeable failures.

> wpa_ctrl_attach(monitor_conn)
>
> - ret = wpa_ctrl_request(ctrl, attach ? "ATTACH" : "DETACH", 6, buf, &len,
> NULL);
>
> This function returned -2 because FD_ISSET(ctrl->s, &rfds) < 0

That indicates that no response was received in 10 seconds from
wpa_supplicant.