Questions about fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.Peer

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 30 15:00:22 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:44:26PM -0200, Fl?vio Ceolin wrote:
> I' ve some concerns about the fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.Peer interface.
>
> First, there is a special reason to all peer properties are grouped into the
> property "Properties" instead of these properties are separated as in
> fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.BSS ?

I'm not aware of any specific reason for this. Maybe someone who has
worked on the design of the P2P extensions to the D-Bus interface could
comment more on this.

> Second, some Peer properties are missed in the dbus interface, to
> clarify it, below are the properties obtained using DBus and wpa_cli:

Many of the fields shown in wpa_cli p2p_peer command are meant to be
internal information and should not really be used by external programs,
i.e., they were meant mainly for debugging purposes. The D-Bus interface
does a reasonable thing here by not exposing the values that could be
misused taken into account that such misuse has already happened with
values exposed through the control interface.