Connection/disconnection problems with wpa_supplicant and hostapd when using WPA2 encryption

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 23 06:00:32 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:39:20PM +0100, Adrien Decostre wrote:
> I am currently doing some tests with wpa_supplicant and hostapd and I
> am facing a quite strange connection/disconnection problem when using
> WPA2.
> When the WiFi client (using wpa_supplicant) tries to associate to the
> AP (managed by hostapd) is several times disconnected from the network
> before finally receiving an IP address and finally being able to
> transmit data.

Which driver are you using on the station? Please send more complete
wpa_supplicant debug log (e.g., with -ddt on the command line) to show
the sequence resulting in this connection failure.