eapol_test as stress Access Point tool

Ben Greear greearb
Tue Jan 17 19:01:06 PST 2012

On 01/17/2012 06:34 PM, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> 2012/1/17 Jouni Malinen<j at w1.fi>:
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 03:11:11PM -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
>>> I'd like to use eapol_test to test a heavy load on an Access Point, I
>>> mean: simulate a lot of stations associating to an AP . Are anyone
>>> using something like that?
>>
>> eapol_test is not meant for such purpose - instead, it includes the AP
>> functionality to allow direct connection to a RADIUS authentication
>> server without having to use an AP.
>>
>> --
>> Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA
>
> OK Jouni, so is there a way to simulate o lot of stations trying to
> associate to an Access Point?

Well, my company makes this sort of thing.  You can also do it yourself
if you use a recent kernel, ath9k driver, and create lots of virtual
stations and have hostapd run with a config file for each of them....

How many do you want to associate to your AP?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>