Simulating EAP-SIM with WPA_SUPPLICANT

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jan 7 10:05:23 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 05:24:52PM -0200, Ronaldo Afonso wrote:
>  I would like to know if it is possible to simulate a EAP-SIM autentication
> using wpa_supplicant without a real SIM card?

Yes, you can use the GSM-Milenage -based simulator by adding
CONFIG_SIM_SIMULATOR=y to wpa_supplicant/.config and specifying the
Milenage parameters in the password field of the network block in
password="Ki:OPc" format.

There is also an older mechanism for using hardcoded triplets values
(search for CONFIG_SIM_HARDCODED in src/eap_peer/eap_sim.c), but it is
not really very flexible and I would recommend use of the GSM-Milenage
-based simulator.