hostapd crash

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jan 2 13:48:13 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 02:55:30PM +0100, var Ogami wrote:
> Hello, when I try to connect to hostapd with my android phone, linux crash.

> And my wifi device is a "Atheros AR2427 802.11bg" that use ath9k driver

> Unfortunatly I can't get the log

If this is indeed a kernel crash that prevents you from getting any
debug log, this sounds like a kernel (driver) bug rather than hostapd
issue. Sure, hostapd may trigger that, but hostapd should not be able to
kill the kernel on its own.. In other words, better target for this
would be the ath9k-devel mailing list: