hostap-1.0-rc3 update

Kel Modderman kel
Wed Feb 15 12:16:11 PST 2012

Hi All,

> I've processed all patches for hostap-1.0-rc3 and therefore all patches that will make it into hostap-1.0. ALL patches that were tagged as intented-for: hostap-1 made it into the release. Thanks to all that tagged patches.
>
> If you have a patch you feel I've missed, that you would like included, this is your last chance to request it! You can find the current hostap-1.0 tree here:
> http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap-1.git;a=summary
> or
> git://w1.fi/srv/git/hostap-1.git
>
> The only outstanding issue is what to do about the outstanding p2p dbus work. We don't have all of the required patches in yet, and today was the original rc3 cutoff date. I'll wait a while longer and see if we can get these in.

Are these release candidates going to be formally released for testing or
only tagged in git as development milestones?

Bjarke Istrup Pedersen asked the same question on the 02/02/2012 without
answer and I think other distribution maintainers of hostap software could
benefit to know also. For myself, I have to see how the hostap release fits
into the Debian/Ubuntu cycle, and the lack of end user testing of release
candidates make me a bit more nervous than usual.

Thanks, Kel.