[RFC] supplicant: Support poll() in eloop.

Ben Greear greearb
Sun Feb 12 09:14:21 PST 2012

On 02/12/2012 07:49 AM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 04:34:08PM -0800, greearb at candelatech.com wrote:
>> When using more than around 200 virtual stations, we start
>> hitting the max number of file-descriptors supported by
>> select.  This patch adds support for poll(), which has no
>> hard upper limit.
>
> Thanks! I applied a bit cleaned up version of this.

Err, that RFC code had an off-by one bug in it around the code that
determined when to increase the poll-fd array..did you find
that, or maybe work around it some other way?

You probably only hit it when running lots of stations, so
I can run some tests on whatever is in your tree later next
week.  (My own code is frozen for release early next week,
so I can't easily test new stuff until then.)

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>