hostapd IEEE 802.11n capability with 5GHz frequency band

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Feb 4 09:49:56 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 09:29:03PM +0900, Shinnazar Seytnazarov wrote:
> I have to do some experiment with 802.11n wireless PCI card in 5GHz
> frequency band using ath9k driver on Linux.****
>
> And I need to buy several PCIs for that issue.****
>
> >From forums I learnt that some PCIs with 80211n can?t support 5GHz band in
> AP mode.****

hostapd will follow what the driver claims as supported, so this mailing
list is not really the best location for this question. As far as ath9k
is concerned, you would need to have a card that is programmed for a
country that allows 5 GHz AP operations.