hostapd now a closed project

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Dec 17 08:15:32 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 10:28 +0100, Pau Koning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> why do I see a lot of patches on the mailing list and none of it gets
> applied or even discussed? Many of them are obviously correct and some
> are even extreme important to get standard compliant AP (aka fixing
> bugs).
>
> Was the project closed for anyone and no one is anymore allowed to
> contribute? Jouni Malinen seems to have closed all doors and now lives
> isolated in his small bunker. Maybe the patch backlog will get big
> enough to break the concrete walls....

He does apply patches, as you can see from reading the list.  He doesn't
necessarily apply them the next day after you post them, and some
patches take a *lot* of complicated review as the interactions in all
the code are not simple.  If you are patient, it will happen.

BTW, "obviously correct" to you may not actually be obviously correct.

Dan