Interworking

Dr. Ajay N. Khosla drkhosla
Fri Aug 17 20:22:11 PDT 2012

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 09:51:01PM +0530, Dr. Ajay N. Khosla wrote:
> > But list_creds is not working
> >
> > > list_creds
> > cred id / realm / username / domain / imsi
> > >
> > my wpa_supplicant.conf file is (xxx is to hide domain name)

> This config file works fine in my tests:

> > list_creds
> cred id / realm / username / domain / imsi
> 0 xxxxx.com admin xxxxxxxx.com
> 1 example.com user at example.com example.com
> 2 310026-000000000

> Do you see following lines when starting wpa_supplicant with verbose
> debugging?

> ap_scan=1
> interworking=1
> Line: 8 - start of a new cred block
> Line: 20 - start of a new cred block
> Line: 28 - start of a new cred block
> hs20=1

When I run wpa_supplicant with option -u (Dbus) it is not reading any configuration file (ie. -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf). If I use -iwlan0 option It read configuration file and show list_creds and I also see verbose debbuging as given by you.

> > But interworking_connect fails as there is no creds are available.
> >
> > > interworking_connect 02:27:22:e5:a0:2a
> > FAIL

> This is expected since interworking_select did not return any
> matching
> networks. Though, please also note that the current version of
> hostapd
> in hostap.git does not have support for NAI Realm List and because of
> that, most Interworking network selection mechanisms are not really
> going to match even if there were no issues with configuring the
> credentials. The credential with roaming_consortium set could match;
> the
> other ones would not work with the hostapd snapshot from hostap.git.

Actually I also shoot another mail before I got this mail to list with subject "Interworking and creds". Actually it give error of NAI Realm not found. It is also not matching roaming_consortium ID. Please include it in the todo list as interworking_connect is in progress.

Thanking you.

Dr. Ajay N. Khosla