wpa_supplicant will not connect to VAP: skip - SSID mismatch

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Aug 17 10:17:47 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:33:24PM -0400, Kyle Evans wrote:
> It seems as though it doesn't do it at all. I think the reason Fedora
> and Android (both using wpa_supplicant as a backend) will connect using
> this driver is because they pay no attention to the other SSID's.
>
> I should think that having the bssid stated in the config file should
> provide wpa_supplicant sufficient information to connect to both virtual
> and hidden SSID networks (i.e. If the scan results return a bssid that
> is next on the priority list, force the essid similar to 'iwconfig set
> essid ssid').

Have you verified that this driver works with ap_scan=2? It does indeed
"force" the SSID in the sense that it asks the driver to select the BSS
rather than assuming the network is going to be visible in the scan
results.

In this particular case, the driver should really be enhanced to support
scans for a specific SSID if you want to use ap_scan=1. It sounds like
it expects ap_scan=2 style operations.