[RFC] hostapd: disable WPS when WPA-TKIP configuration is set

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Aug 17 09:25:01 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:42:07AM +0530, Avinash Patil wrote:
> hostapd handles other WSC2.0 negative tests- e.g. disable WPS when WEP
> encryption is set, disable WPS when BSS is configured as hidden network. So
> I think its good to have this check in hostapd itself.

I would not count on hostapd enforcing all the UI or configuration
requirements for WPS 2.0.. Anyway, I did apply this, but with some
changes to make it match with the WSC 2.0 requirement, i.e., if WPA
is enabled, WPA2/CCMP has to be enabled (e.g., WPA/CCMP would not be
enough and neither would WPA/CCMP with WPA2/TKIP).