wpa_supplicant will not connect to VAP: skip - SSID mismatch

Kyle Evans kevans
Fri Aug 17 05:36:27 PDT 2012

On 08/17/2012 05:24 AM, Holger Schurig wrote:
> If you didn't use wpa_supplicant before but iwconfig, then you're
> still using WEP.
>
> Just note that your WLAN can be hacked in minutes ...
>
> That non-withstanding, you still don't need wpa_supplicant if you just
> want to connect to some WEP host. "iw connect" can do the trick for
> you as well. However, using wpa_supplicant even for WEP has some
> advantages as well (e.g. reconnect, dbus, wpa_cli, ...).

I am not trying to connect to a WEP host. I am trying to get
wpa_supplicant working so I can connect to WPA hosts. But,
wpa_supplicant will not connect to a virtual AP, which is a necessity of
my repeater/bridge.