hostapd-1-rc3: Wireless lags and unstable connection

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Apr 26 16:48:37 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 08:02:25PM +0300, Valeriy Kucherenko wrote:
> Loaded clean Ubuntu Desktop 11.10 via PXE on same notebook. The test shows ping from 2ms to 10ms and again there was few spikes total of 200ms each 1 minute 10 seconds. I have also checked my crontab - there is nothing that can execute each minute.

This sounds like normal variation in WLAN networks due to power saving
and background scanning that the station is doing, i.e., the station is
either on another channel for the scan or in sleep mode and the AP is
buffering the frames for the station until it wakes up on the operating
channel.