[PROPOSAL] Add hostapd.conf parameter to skip checkforneighboring BSS (prevent fallback in 150Mb mode)

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Apr 8 02:32:11 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 10:31:03PM +0200, Valeriy Kucherenko wrote:
> > Could you please answer the part of which channel(pri/sec) you are
> > trying to use? The screenshot of scan results showed APs on channel
> > 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, and 13+9, so I would assume you are looking at use of
> > 40 MHz channel on 2.4 GHz band. I would also like to see debug log from
> > hostapd showing why it disables 40 MHz use.
>
> Debug log I have sent directly to you.

If I understood correctly, that 13+9 was your AP and the debug log did
not actually show any other 40 MHz channel being in use. hostapd should
not have rejected that kind of configuration even without the proposed
change to disable the co-existence checks.