hostap-1.0-rc3 update

Angie Chinchilla angie.v.chinchilla
Wed Apr 4 11:08:44 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 12:44 +0200, Bjarke Istrup Pedersen wrote:
> 2012/3/9 Angie Chinchilla <angie.v.chinchilla at intel.com>:
> > Updates to the soon-to-be rc3 snapshot (still waiting on 1 P2P DBUS
> > patch):
> >
> > - Picked up the following patches requested for hostap-1.0:

> Hey,
>
> Is there any news on this, it's been close to a month :)
>
> /Bjarke

Hi Bjarke,

I'll pull another (possibly final?) round of patches into rc3 this week.
There haven't actually been any patches pending for hostap-1 until a
couple days ago, which is why you haven't seen updates on that front.

In terms of the release, I never received a patch I was hoping to
include in the release, so I've started looking at it myself. In the
course of doing that I found two additional issues I'd like to resolve
before rc3, which will essentially be the release.

[1] Supplicant crash when user enters the wrong PIN during group
formation. I submitted this patch yesterday to hopefully address this
issue: http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2012-April/025694.html
I need to give Jouni some time to review this and pick it up in hostap
so that I can pick it up in hostap-1.

[2] The first couple of P2P DBUS patches we received were supposed to
include a working GetAll() on P2P Group and P2P Peer properties, as far
as I know. This doesn't seem to be working for me. To the rest of the
list - did I misunderstand something here? Someone on my team just
started looking into this for me today.

And of course, the original issue I was waiting on was:

[3] Cleanup of P2PDevice interface in DBUS. I'm not sure how far I'm
going to take this after looking at it. The real cleanup I'd like to do
is too extensive to put in right before a release. So there will be some
minor patch here this week and again it will take a bit of time to go
through the review process.

That was the long answer ;). Short answer is I think rc3 will be out in
about a week, and the release will be about a week past rc3.

-Angie