[RFC] wpa_supplicant: add fast reconnect support

Johannes Berg johannes
Wed Sep 21 05:09:59 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 18:07 -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> When dropped by an AP for inactivity or because the session has timed
> out, try to re-join directly before falling back to a full scan and the
> normal work.  This reduces the time to re-join a network from 5+ seconds
> to ~300ms (not counting any time to renew DHCP).

I looked at this in more detail since I want something like this too for
resume support, but I don't like the way you play with the internal
state machines -- not advancing it at all but still calling back into
the core code etc. I think that adds too much fragility to an already
pretty finicky system.

johannes