eap_sim_db_receive is not called

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew
Sun Sep 18 20:17:43 PDT 2011

--- On Sun, 9/18/11, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> > Blocking the thread while waiting
> > for SIM parameters does not sound like a good solution
>
> ? Blocking RADIUS servers is never a good idea.

On the freeradius architecture, what do you think is the best way out ?
There is a dependency on external data, if the data comes back fast,
everything is alright. But we can't really guarantee this. It might
be a slow external network, it might be a failed network as well, it
might also be a slow external database ( a slow HLR ? ) beyond our
control.

I would imagine that a blocking behaviour with a timeout capability
will be the best compromise to fit the freeradius architecture ?

Best regards.