eap_sim_db_receive is not called

Alan DeKok aland
Sun Sep 18 08:35:27 PDT 2011

Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> I believe that's exactly the achitecture of freeradius.
> I will have to ask the comments of the freeradius experts,
> as I have limited knowledge about freeradius but based
> on what I understand, freeradius keeps a configurable pool
> of threads to service each radius client request. There is
> no pending, each thread is destined to service one particular
> request till completion, success or failure.

  No.  The pool of threads handles requests pretty much at random.  Each
thread handles one request, and does not maintain any state.

  However, each thread ends up calling the EAP module.  That module
*does* keep state for an EAP session.

> But in terms of scalability, I would need some input here.
> Correctly me if I am wrong, but it appears to me that hostapd
> depends on event loop architecture to achieve concurrency,
> which fundamentally it is single threaded. Would this able to
> fully capitalize on the availability and abundance of
> multi-core multi-CPU machine to service as many requests as possible ?

  IMHO, no.  The event architecture likely works best only for one CPU.

  Alan DeKok.