No user traffic through wlan0

Erich Titl erich.titl
Thu Sep 15 05:06:07 PDT 2011

Hi

New to this list, so please let me know if this is the right place.

I have an embedded distro http://leaf.sourceforge.net with a Wistron 9CM
Atheros based card and ath5k driver installed. I want to use this set up
to connect to a WRK54GH for testing purposes. The final goal is to
develop a web based tool to configure the Wifi client instance to
connect to basically any available AP to have an uplink to the net.

After lots of sweat and tears I finally understood the necessity to have
wpa_supplicant to get an association with WPA2-PSK.

My wpa_supplicant.conf file is very simple

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="scoobly"
        psk="XXXXXXXX"
}

Now here is the catch....

- I can associate fine with the AP
- DHCP assigns an address to wlan0 and installs a default route

but...

If I try to ping the WRT54GH I see arp requests going out which are
never replied to, therefore the packets will never be sent.

If I try the same with a laptop under Windoze 7 everything works as
expected.

Any ideas

Thanks

Erich