Hidden SSID/BSSID cache

Simon Barber simon
Fri Nov 11 11:35:25 PST 2011

The problem with active scan for that SSID is that this slows down the
case of finding other, non hidden SSIDs (e.g. my home AP). The
persistent cache allows both non hidden, and hidden (after 1st use) APs
to be found quickly - all in 1 step. Only first use hidden SSIDs would
pay the time penalty - an uncommon case. I can do some sniffing to find
out what the driver is actually doing right now.

Simon