how to implement the concurrent operation

Jouni Malinen j
Wed Mar 16 02:49:40 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 03:29:07AM +0800, Simon wrote:
> and i still have another issue:   could we create multi groups with
> wpa_supplicant?
> i tried, but i got  a "FAIL" when i create the second group with the
> command " p2p_group_add "
> I don't know if my program is not right , maybe the spec does not
> allow one to create multiple group.

The spec allows this and wpa_supplicant supports it. Whether the driver
you are using does is another question. You will need to have
driver_param=use_p2p_group_interface=1 in the wpa_supplicant
configuration file to enable use of separate group interfaces. Without
that, only a single group can be created.

For example, here's a test with two groups being created:

> p2p_group_add
OK
<3>P2P-GROUP-STARTED p2p-wlan0-0 GO ssid="DIRECT-8t" freq=2412
passphrase="SCqryLcM" go_dev_addr=00:22:68:ac:bc:bd
<3>CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS

> p2p_group_add
OK
<3>P2P-GROUP-STARTED p2p-wlan0-1 GO ssid="DIRECT-9k" freq=2412
passphrase="S4KvbgCH" go_dev_addr=00:22:68:ac:bc:bd
<3>CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS

> assume I could create 2 group,  "Direct-aa" or "Direct-bb", when I
> execute the command "p2p_get_passphrase" , which group's passphrase i
> will get? i noticed the p2p_get_pssphrase command have no parameters
> to set the group name.

You will need to run this command on the control interface of the group
interface:

$ ./wpa_cli -ip2p-wlan0-0 p2p_get_passphrase
SCqryLcM

./wpa_cli -ip2p-wlan0-1 p2p_get_passphrase
S4KvbgCH