Second BSSID not added to bridge correctly?

Ed W lists
Mon Mar 14 11:23:20 PDT 2011

I'm trying to play with the multiple BSSID feature and it seems like the
"bridge" option is ignored for the additional BSSID?

Slightly abbreviated config is:

interface=wlan0
bridge=br0
driver=nl80211
ssid=MyBox
wpa=3
wpa_passphrase=passw0rd
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP

bss=wlan0_0
ssid=MyBox_open
bridge=br0
wpa=0

What I observe is that wlan0 is added to the bridge, but not wlan0_0?

As expected, when I connect to the "_open" network I can't talk to other
traffic on the bridge

Manually adding wlan0_0 to the bridge using brctl gets everything
working fine

Is this a known problem or my config wrong?  (Hostapd 0.7.3)

Additionally when I stop hostapd all my wlan devices disappear (no more
wlan0), and I am unable to start hostapd until I manually bring up the
interface again (ifconfig wlan0 up).  Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks

Ed W