Is it possible to modify hostapd for the purpose of sharping buffered frames in 802.11 power saving mode?

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jun 25 05:40:27 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 08:18:43PM +0300, Xin Gu wrote:
> I am new to kernel/driver field, but will try if this way is possible.
> Could you please answer me that can my goal be achieved if I get a prism
> wireless
> card, and modify the Hostap driver to do the control of the buffered
> frames?

In theory, it may be possible, but nowadays, I would really look at
using a bit more modern driver that have more control on the low-level
operations for this type of experiments (say, ath9k or ath5k).