HELP configuring AP with MScheap auth.

Richard Miles richard.k.miles
Wed Jul 13 12:09:07 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

First of all, congratulations for the nice project.

I need to configure a AP exactly as my actual cisco AP, it uses the
LEAP / EAP - MScheap authentication, yes, the one where the username
is in clear-text and also there is a challenge and a password hash.
Well, buy Cisco APs for that is expensive, so I would like to do it
with free software. I have a Linux box with kernel 2.6 and 2 USB
network cards for this. I have one Alfa awus036h and a Edimax EW-
7318USg. What is the best for my case?

Well, as a first test I don't need anything complicated as a radius
server and database (mysql). Just a text file with the credentials are
fine, similar to this example:

http://uma-wiki.network-mobility.org/index.php5?title=Hostapd.eap_user

However, I'm completely lost. Can someone point me to a guide and if
possible share their configs to setup an test environment like this
ones that I need? It's very appreciated a guide that shows all the
steps to create an AP with one this 2 cards that I have, an much
better if they teach how to authenticate with LEAP / EAP - MScheap
authentication.

Thank you so much.

Best regards.