Number of workstation

Mike Baroukh mbaroukh
Wed Jul 6 07:32:34 PDT 2011

> a quote from "ath9k_htc: Allow upto two simultaneous interfaces":
>   The maximum number of stations that can be handled in
>   the firmware is 8,

Oups ...
Ok I found the message on ath9k-devel.
Thanks a lot !
I was not sure if the problem is in hostapd, driver or hardware but
finally it is in firmware :) ...
Not easy ...

So does somebody can help me to choose a wifi dongle able to manage more
simultaneous stations ?
I see a lot of users reporting reference of hardware compatible with
hostapd, but the number of allowed workstation is never reported.
And this kind of information is not in specs.
(for my dongle, the specs did not event mention ability to use Master
Mode ...)

thanks again ...

Mike

Le 06/07/2011 15:51, Christian Lamparter a ?crit :