Network SSID disabled for WPS

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Jul 5 05:55:17 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 05:52:14PM +0530, soumya.sardar at wipro.com wrote:
> For WPS PIN or PBC method, initially all the network SSIDs are disabled
> from wpas_wps_reassoc().
>
> But once the WPS PIN or PBC fails due to time out or authentication
> failure, those SSID are not enabled again. As a result after PBC time
> out, wpa_supplicant does not automatically connect back to last
> connected/remembered  wifi router.

> Is this a bug that we need to fix?

While it may be debatable what the best behavior in this type of case
could be, I don't think I would consider this to be a bug. If the user
tries to use WPS to connect to a new network, it is not clear that there
is desire to get reconnected to a previous network even if the WPS
protocol run were to fail.