WPA2-PEAP problems

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jul 4 11:38:23 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:09:18PM -0500, Harshal Chhaya wrote:
> Here is the output of a failed WPA2-PEAP handshake with '-ddK'. I
> noticed 'EAP-PEAP: Length mismatch in Phase 2 EAP frame (len=75
> hdr->length=76)' towards the end which seems to be where the failure
> starts. The 'EAP: EAP entering state INTEGRITY_CHECK' message a little
> later also looks odd. I am a little curious about this since this same
> client is working with a freeRADIUS-based AP.

I seem to be unable to reproduce this either on x86_64 or on an embedded
MIPS device with OpenWRT. Did you figure out what the problem was or is
this still an open issue? Which supplicant was used in the test? And
the same questions would apply for the "EAP-PEAP: Unexpected
Cryptobinding TLV SubType 0", too.