Fwd: Automatic channel selection implementation of hostapd in ath9k driver

Swaminathan Vasanth Rajaraman swaminathanvasanth.r
Mon Jul 4 08:05:28 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Swaminathan Vasanth Rajaraman <swaminathanvasanth.r at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Subject: Automatic channel selection implementation of ath9k driver
To: linux-wireless at vger.kernel.org

Hi Friends,

 Hope all are doing good. I have a doubt regarding dynamic channel
allocation for atheros ath9k. I am currently trying to find out the channels
used by the nearby Access Points during the boot phase.
 I came to know that some are working in the same mainly on hostapd.

http://marc.info/?t=130624150700002&r=1&w=2

I am trying to do the same with ath9k driver. Is there any working on the
same or having any experience of it?

Cisco has done it with a concept called controllers.

Reference : http://www.mywi-fi.info/2010/05/dynamic-channel-assignment.html

Any help and pointers for doing something like this with ath9k is much
appreciated.

Awaiting your kind reply.

Thanks,

Best Regards,