Any idea why hostapd won't send wmm_param elements?

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Jan 30 10:49:26 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 09:45:01PM -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
> I'm trying to get ath9k to run HT40- in hostapd.  I'm
> using the conf file below.
>
> In the association response, the wmm_param element doesn't
> exist, so the stations will not actually use HT.  Anyone
> know why this might be the case?

> wmm_enabled=1
> wmm_ac_bk_cwmin=4

> wme_enabled=0

"wme_" is the old name of these WMM parameters and is maintained for
backwards compatibility. In other words, your configuration file is
disabling WMM. I would just remove all the wme_* lines to get the
configuration you are apparently trying to use here.