No joy with 64-bit Windows 7?

Kohli, Jim GE Healthcare james.kohli
Wed Jan 19 12:50:26 PST 2011

You're right-Windows 7 uses NDIS 6.2.

Thanks Jouni.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:19:30AM -0500, Kohli, Jim (GE Healthcare)
wrote:

> I found a number of posts saying that 64-bit Windows 7 was not
behaving

> well for wpa_supplicant, most recently from February 2010.  Does
anyone

> know if this situation has changed?  I have some output from the

> supplicant (please see below) and a friend has suggested that this

> indicates that NDIS is having a problem getting the WiFi driver to

> initialize.

I don't think this has that much to do with 64-bit, but more so with the

NDIS version the driver is using. wpa_supplicant does not support NDIS 6

and I would assume that your driver is using it. This shows up in the

debug log here: